2018-19 budget hearings begin in August
Hearings for the proposed 2018-19 biennial budget will begin Tuesday, August 8 when the County Manager presents the proposed budget at 9 a.m. in the Council Chambers.
Each of the county's service teams will present their 2018-19 proposed budget to the board of commissioners for review throughout August and September.
- August 8, 9 a.m. - County Manager presents 2018-19 budget, County Assessor's and County Auditor's reports
- August 14, 1-2 p.m. - Landmark Center and Extension Services
- August 14, 2-4 p.m. - Fee increases, Capital Improvement, Strategic Team, General County Purpose
- August 15, 1-4 p.m. - Historical Society, Economic Growth and Community Investment Service Team
- August 21, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. - Safety and Justice Service Team
- August 22, 1-4 p.m. - Information and Public Records Service Team
- September 5, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. - Health and Wellness Service Team
A public hearing on the maximum property tax levy for 2018 will be held September 12 at 1 p.m. at the Council Chambers. The board of commissioners will certify the maximum levy during their September 26 board meeting beginning at 9 a.m.
A public hearing for testimony on the entire proposed budget will be held November 27 at 6:30 p.m. at Ramsey County Library - Shoreview.
All service team hearings will take place in the Council Chambers on the third floor of Saint Paul City Hall - Ramsey County Courthouse unless otherwise specified.