Be aware, get prepared: September is National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month and serves as a time for everyone to take actions to prepare for the types of emergencies that could affect our region.
Ramsey County Emergency Management & Homeland Security has information available to help you learn about local dangers and prepare for a disaster. Each week throughout the month is themed to help residents better prepare:
- Week 1, Sept. 1-9: Be aware
- Week 2, Sept. 10-16: Get prepared
- Week 3, Sept. 17-23: Make a kit
- Week 4, Sept. 24-30: Get involved
During September, Emergency Management & Homeland Security staff will be at Sam's Club in White Bear Lake to share preparedness tips and resources with residents. Dates include:
- Saturday, Sept. 2, noon - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, 3 - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3 - 6 p.m.
Learn more about National Preparedness Month and how to prepare for emergencies at home, work or on the go at ready.gov.