Recycling & Waste
Cardboard & Cardboard Boxes
Boxes stained with food, grease, dirt or liquid should be placed in the trash. They can also go in food scraps (organics recycling) - remove tape.
Place these items in your curbside recycling bin:
- Moving boxes.
- Cereal and cracker boxes.
- Corrugated boxes.
- Gift boxes.
- Toiletry boxes.
- Food and beverage boxes, including boxes with a small plastic window (like pasta boxes).
- Refrigerator boxes.
- Most freezer boxes, if the food was wrapped in plastic, can be recycled. Check packaging before recycling.
Empty and flatten boxes.
- You can recycle large quantities of cardboard at the company listed below. Call to verify items accepted, hours and fees.
- Large quantities of usable cardboard boxes (especially moving boxes) can be listed on the Twin Cities Free Market or Craigslist.