Cross-country ski trails groomed Dec. 29; Rental shack opens Dec. 30
All Ramsey County cross-country ski trails were packed Dec. 29 and are currently in fair condition. Due to low snowfall totals, classic tracks were not set at most locations. Classic tracks are available in sections of Tamarack Nature Center. Skiers should expect several thin spots.
Current trail conditions
- Tamarack Nature Center: Trails groomed Dec. 29 with classic track. Trails rated in fair condition with several thin spots.
- Battle Creek Regional Park East: Trails packed Dec. 29.
- Battle Creek Regional Park West: Trails packed Dec. 29. Trails are lighted from sunset to 9 p.m
- Vadnais-Sucker Lakes: Trails packed Dec. 29.
Note: Saint Paul Regional Water Services is removing buckthorn and dead and diseased trees from the east side of Sucker Lake throughout the 2015-16 winter. Trail access and conditions on the east side will be regularly impacted.
- Grass Lake: Trails packed Dec. 29.
Winter Recreation Rental Shack at Tamarack Nature Center opens Dec. 30
The Winter Recreation Rental Shack at Tamarack Nature Center will open for the season Wednesday, Dec. 30. Skis and snowshoes are available in both youth and adult sizes.