Extended evening child support hours available in August
As part of Child Support Awareness Month, Ramsey County Attorney's Office Child Support Services division is offering extended evening hours from 4:30-7 p.m. on Wednesdays during the month of August at Metro Square (121 Seventh Place East) in the lower level conference room. Street parking is available for free after 6 p.m. and there are several bus stops nearby. In addition, the office is partnering with FathersFirst! to provide assistance with family law questions about child support, divorce, custody and parenting time.
During extended evening hours, parents can:
- Reinstate a driver's license that has been suspended for non-payment of child support by entering into a payment agreement.
- Meet with child support staff to make a payment.
- Request to change a child support order.
- Find out if they qualify for arrears forgiveness.
- Provide genetic testing samples, ask questions about their case and receive referrals to organizations that can provide assistance with employment services and parenting concerns.
Parents can also access child support information online, including viewing case information, payment history, account balances and update their contact information. Payment information is also available by calling the payment hotline at 651-215-5630.
The public is encouraged to call 651-266-3344 if they know of community events at which it may be helpful to have child support staff present to present or answer questions about child support services.
Extended child support hours are also offered year-round on the third Wednesday of each month at Metro Square in the lower level conference room.