Free DIY Day Camp kicks off July 13
Tamarack Nature Center is moving day camp online through a new series that is free for all participants.
Do-It-Yourself Day Camp transforms some of Tamarack’s favorite in-person sessions into a virtual adventure. Each week, Tamarack’s Naturalists will be sharing videos providing lessons and activities families can try at home or in their neighborhood, resources to learn more about the topic of the week, an idea for a family field trip and more. No registration is required; simply follow along on Tamarack’s Facebook page, now through September 5.
DIY Day Camp schedule
Content will be posted throughout each week, and the schedule is subject to change.
- July 13-18: Animal Antics.
- July 20-25: Sticks, Stones & Loose Parts.
- July 28-Aug 1: Fabulous Flyers.
- Aug 3-8: Nature’s Kitchen.
- Aug 10-15: Imagination Station.
- Aug 17-22: Wild About Water.
- Aug 24-29: A Bug’s Life.
- Aug 31-Sept 5: Best of DIY Day Camp.
DIY Day Camp is set up to enjoy at your own schedule and pace. Missed a topic? Find past videos and select resources below.
Sticks, Stones & Loose Parts
- Sticks, Stones & Other Loose Parts, Part 1
- Sticks, Stones & Other Loose Parts, Part 2
- An Invitation to Play at Tamarack
Wild About Water
- Professor H2O Teaches River About Water
- Splash, Float and Make Music with Water!
- What is a Watershed?