Recycling & Waste
String lights and non-fluorescent holiday lights may be placed in the trash.
- NOTE: Do not put fluorescent lights in the trash. Brings them to the household hazardous waste collection sites for free.
Do not put holiday lights in your curbside recycling bin. Instead:
- Bring holiday lights (including power cords) to the household hazardous waste collection sites for free. Battery packs, electronics or appliances cannot be attached.
- Some cities, such as the City of Saint Paul, sponsor holiday light collections. Check with your city for more information.
- You can also bring holiday lights to the recycle company listed below.
- Consider donating holiday lights in good, working condition to Goodwill Easter Seals.