COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
January 2022 is Health Care Month
Governor Walz proclaimed January 2022 as Health Care Month. Health care is a critically important industry, crucial to not only the health and wellbeing of all Minnesotans but also to the strength of Minnesota's economy.
Many entry-level health care jobs can be started with no previous experience due to many employers providing on the job training. There is projected long-term demand, as well as high current demand for health care workers.
Job seeker resources:
- Health Care Jobs on Job Connect.
- Health Care Job Seeker Worforce Report (PDF).
- Direct Support Connect - A job board for direct support workers.
- Caring careers start here - A collaboration to explore senior services.
- Health Care Career Coach - Healthcare Career Coaches provide one-on-one job search support for job seekers in the Twin Cities who are interested in a healthcare career. Fill out the information form to have a coach contact you and start the process or call 612.673.3322 for assistance.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Training.
Events and workshops:
- CareerForce event list.
- The board of commissioners proclamation ceremony - Jan. 11.
- 14 days of HealthCare - Metro Region Virtual Interactive Career Fair - Jan.18 – 31.
- Chat live with healthcare employers on Jan. 18 and 25, 2– 4 p.m.
- Employer virtual booths open around the clock.
- Job Club - guest speakers Ann Gibson (Fairview Health) and Jill Kortenhof (Ebenezer Health). Jan. 24,1 p.m.
- Healthcare Futures Event - A virtual event about the variety of career opportunities and pathways available in healthcare, featuring speakers from health care companies currently hiring. Jan. 28., 9–10:30 a.m.
HealthCare employment facts:
- 35,932 health care professionals working in Ramsey County.
- 12.2% of Minnesota’s health care workforce is employed in Ramsey County.
- Over one in 10 workers in Ramsey County are employed in health care occupations (11%).
- Health care occupations have an average wage of $74,100 across Ramsey County, nearly $12,000 higher than the overall average wage in Ramsey County ($75,700 Statewide Health care occupation average wage).
- Ramsey County has a unique concentration of health care occupations compared to statewide and national scale.