Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) available to families
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is available for Minnesota families with children who miss free/reduced-price meals at school because of distance or hybrid- learning due to COVID-19 during the 2020-2021 school year.
You do not need to fill out an application to receive P-EBT, but your child must be receiving benefits from at least one of the following programs:
- Free or reduced-price school meals for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program (SNAP/food support/EBT).
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP/Cash) or Tribal TANF.
If you are already receiving benefits through one of these programs, you will automatically receive P-EBT.
If you think your child qualifies, act now to sign up for one of these programs. To ensure your benefits arrive as soon as possible, be sure to qualify for free or reduced-price school meals before Feb. 28, 2021.
P-EBT will begin to be issued in late March 2021.
The program is not subject to public charge rules.
- Año escolar 2020-21 Transferencia Electrónica de Beneficios por Pandemia (PDF)
- 2020-21 Sannad Dugsiyeedka Wareejinta Dheefaha Elektaroonigga ah ee Cudurka Faafa (PDF)
- 2020-21 Lub Xyoo Kawm Ntawv Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (PDF)