Proposed Property Tax Notices have been mailed
About 158,000 Ramsey County property owners will receive a Proposed Property Tax Notice this week. The notice estimates the amount of property taxes owners will pay in 2023 if the county, cities, school districts and other taxing jurisdictions approve their respective budget proposals. Proposed Property Tax Notices are also available online using the property tax and value lookup tool.
Public hearing on the proposed 2023 supplemental budget
A public hearing on Ramsey County's proposed 2023 supplemental budget and property tax levy is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 28 at 6:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend via and provide feedback by joining the meeting virtually via Zoom or in-person at Union Depot - Red Cap Room.
Comments made at the hearing will be shared with the appropriate city, school district and other taxing authorities. You may also submit comments to the board of commissioners online.
Understanding your property taxes
Watch a video to learn more about how taxes are determined, how to read your statement and how to resolve questions. The video is available in five languages:
- English: Understanding Your Property Taxes
- Hmoob: Totaub Txog Cov Se Tsev thiab Lub Tsev Muaj Nqis Li Cas
- Karen: Understanding Your Property Taxes and Values
- Soomaali: Fahamka Cashuuraha iyo Qiimaha Hantidaada Maguurtada
- Español: Comprendiendo los Impuestos y Valores de Su Propiedad