Back to List

Recycle holiday trees, lights and cords

Box of string lights

Did you know holiday trees, lights and electrical cords can be recycled?

Ramsey County’s household hazardous waste collection site accepts holiday string lights and electrical cords. The collection site is located at 5 Empire Drive, Saint Paul, MN 55103 and is open Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

Christmas trees can be brought to Ramsey County yard waste collection sites that accept trees and branches, where they will then be mulched. Participating yard waste sites include Arden Hills, Frank and Sims, Midway and White Bear Township. Please remove all decorations, lights, wire, tinsel and tree bags. Flocked trees are not accepted and may be placed in the trash.

View yard waste collection locations and hours

Residents may also contact their trash hauler to see if they will accept trees for disposal or haul it to a compost site. A fee may be charged.

Elongate hemlock scale

Due to elongate hemlock scale (EHS) do not bring wreaths, swags, boughs and other evergreen decorations to a county yard waste site. Please place them in a plastic bag and put them in your trash. Do not burn wreaths or other evergreen decor.

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2019 - 11:24 a.m.