Registration for Tamarack day camps opens March 2
This year, registration times will be staggered by camp week to improve flow with the online registration system:
- Weeks 1–4 (June 28–July 22): 8:30 a.m.
- Weeks 5–8 (July 26–August 19): 1 p.m.
Camps are available to children ages 3 to entering 8th grade. Most camps run Monday–Thursday and are offered weekly from June 28–August 19.
Day camps offer fun hands-on opportunities for youth to learn and immerse themselves in nature through art, play, exploration and inquiry. A wide variety of topics, themes and activities will be offered this year, sure to engage children with a diverse range of interests.
What to expect this year
Programs, operations and activities have been adjusted to emphasize a smaller and more intimate camp experience than in years past. Parents and campers can expect activities that promote the restorative power of nature, socialization in small groups, camper-driven play and choice, and a supportive environment for growth and development.
Modifications have been made based on state guidelines and public health best practices and include:
- The requirement of masks or face coverings, with opportunities for breaks during the day.
- Smaller, contained groups of 15 people, including staff and volunteers. This will result in a reduced capacity for our camps this year.
- Even more of the camp day spent outdoors. An assigned indoor space with room for social distancing will be available in the event of inclement weather.
- The cancellation of Before and After Care and Backyard Bunch for the 2021 camp season.