Special Election schedule approved for Commissioner District 1
The Ramsey County Board of Commissioners approved the special election schedule for Ramsey County Commissioner in District 1 at their May 21 meeting. The special election is being held following the resignation announcement of Commissioner Blake Huffman. The term of office runs through 2020.
The district represents the cities of Arden Hills, Gem Lake, North Oaks, Shoreview, Vadnais Heights, White Bear Township and parts of Mounds View, Spring Lake Park and Blaine.
All dates are in 2019.
- June 4: Candidate filing period opens.
- June 18: Filing period closes at 5 p.m.
- June 20: Last day to withdraw ends at 5 p.m.
- June 28: Early voting opens for County Special Primary Election.
- Aug. 13: County Special Primary Election.
Only needed if more than two candidates file for the open seat.
- Aug. 16: Canvass County Special Primary Election results.
- Sept. 20: Early voting opens for County Special General Election.
- Nov. 5: County Special General Election.
- Nov. 12: Canvass County Special General Election results.
- Nov. 19: Period to contest results ends.
Assuming no contest, person elected takes oath of office.
Election voting locations will be open in Arden Hills, Blaine, Gem Lake, Mounds View, North Oaks, Shoreview, Spring Lake, Vadnais Heights and White Bear Township.
Early voting will be available by mail and in person at the Ramsey County Elections Office.
Hours and additional details will be available closer to the Special Election.
- Materials from May 21 board of commissioners meeting
- Candidate filing
- Elections and voting information