Recycling & Waste



Trees (no roots) are accepted at the yard waste collection sites for free. Ramsey County is a quarantined area for emerald ash borer. See Ash Trees for more information. 

Fallen trees

Trees on private property are the responsibility of the homeowner. Call your city for information on addressing fallen trees and other storm debris. If the tree or branches have fallen on a power line, call your power company.

Saint Paul residents should direct questions about debris to the Forestry Hotline at 651-632-5129 or the Public Works Hotline at 651-266-9700. Downed power lines should be reported to Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.