Updated (bivalent) boosters now available at Ramsey County clinics
Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health is now offering updated (bivalent) booster shots to people ages 12 and older. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the updated COVID-19 boosters for everyone ages 12 and older who completed their primary series or received a booster dose at least 2 months ago. Stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines and get an updated booster now.
Why do I need an updated booster?
- Boosters are an important part of protecting yourself from getting seriously ill or dying from COVID-19.
- Updated boosters can help increase protection since your last shot and provide more protection against newer variants.
- Booster shots are common for many vaccines, like the flu shot or Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis).
The vaccine is free; no medical insurance or ID needed. These are our current vaccination sites:
Consulate of Mexico
Wednesday clinics (2:30 - 6 p.m.) on-site registration
Saint Paul Public Schools - 360 Colborne
Thursday clinics (3 - 6 p.m.) appointment-only
In addition to these clinics, the COVID-19 vaccine is available at several sites operated by the state of Minnesota, health care clinics and pharmacies. Check our vaccine page for the latest information and links.
Additional clinic details:
- People age 5-11 years should get an original booster shot (monovalent) at least 5 months after their primary series of vaccine.
- Even if you didn’t get your first dose with Ramsey County, you can still get your second dose or booster with us.