Volunteer for the Courthouse Art Selection Task Force
The Ramsey County Historical Society is seeking volunteers to serve on a task force responsible for selecting and guiding local artists in creating new art for display in the Council Chambers at the Saint Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse.
Ramsey County and the city of Saint Paul have asked the Ramsey County Historical Society and its president, Chad Roberts, to lead the task force, which will consist of 11 community volunteers.
The new artwork will be exhibited alongside four existing murals created by John Norton between 1931 and 1932 and address an 87-year gap in the history of our community.
- Refining the artist selection process.
- Defining and clarifying the artistic standards and themes required of commissioned artwork.
- Selecting artists.
- Advising artists throughout the project.
- Advising researchers and writers on the development of interpretive panels.
- Developing a recommendation for Ramsey County and the city of St. Paul on the installation of completed artwork in the Council Chambers.
Volunteer applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 4, 2019.