Food Services Contracting Opportunities
Three contracting opportunities are currently available for organizations and individuals to support Ramsey County's work to provide emergency food and basic need supplies to residents during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
Funded in part by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the purpose of these contract opportunities is to make strategic investments to expand and enhance the food supply and distribution network prioritizing our most vulnerable communities and those who lack access and transportation.
To learn more, contact:
Responses will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds are expended.
Meals for youth and students
This service is to provide emergency food and meals to students and youths in Ramsey County impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and its secondary effects.
Contractors will help expand and enhance the food supply and distribution network to ensure children have access to nutritious meals and snacks when school is not in session, or when attending school is not possible. The program will prioritize the most vulnerable communities and people who lack access and transportation.
- Request for quote: meals for youth and students (PDF)
- Attachment A: emergency purchase informal quote for meals for youth and students (Word)
- Budget template (Excel)
The service is comprised of coordinating the delivery of meals and/or groceries and basic needs supplies to individuals that are homebound due to circumstances related to COVID-19.
A home-delivered meal is defined as a nutritiously appropriate and balanced meal, prepared by a licensed food vendor, which then is delivered to the eligible individual. Home-delivered groceries and basic need supplies are defined as items needed for daily living that may be either perishable or non-perishable and are delivered to the recipient.
Contractors are allowed to combine both services parts and/or provide a single service.
- Request for quote: home-delivered meals (PDF)
- Attachment A: emergency purchase informal quote for home-delivered meals (Word)
- Budget template (Excel)
- View answers to contractor questions (PDF)
This emergency funding opportunity is for both traditional and non-traditional food programs, food shelves and food banks and is intended to supplement new or existing programs to meet increased need due to COVID-19.
The funding is to build capacity with:
- Collecting/purchasing food and basic needs supplies.
- Preparing groceries and basic needs supplies for distribution (through direct service by vendor or a Ramsey County approved third-party curbside pick-up/home delivery services) to individuals that are homebound due to circumstances related to COVID-19.