COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
People may choose to mask at any time. To reduce the risk of being infected with COVID-19 variants and possibly spreading it to others, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people with symptoms, a positive test, exposure to someone with COVID-19, at high risk for severe illness or people in locations where COVID-19 Community Levels are high, should wear a well-fitted, high quality mask. Options include:
- N95 or KN95 masks – shown to provide the highest levels of protection.
- A disposable mask under a cloth mask - also offers increased effectiveness.
- A cloth mask with at least two layers of tightly woven fabric.
Mask guidance and use
- Learn what prevention steps to take based on CDC's COVID-19 Community Levels
- Recommendations on when to wear a mask - MDH
- Your guide to masks - CDC
- How to wear your N95 - CDC
Ramsey County mask requirement
As of March 1, 2022, employees and visitors are no longer required to wear masks in Ramsey County buildings.
A Mask for Everyone
An initiative to ensure that individuals and families - specifically racially, ethnically and culturally diverse communities have access to free masks.