Young Adult Public Sector Career Academy
Application submissions for the current Public Sector Career Academy are now closed. The next academy will begin fall 2020.
Ramsey County Workforce Solutions offers a career academy for eligible residents of Ramsey County who are interested in learning more about careers in government, making great connections and receiving additional support from an employment counselor. Areas of learning include community and economic development, libraries, parks and recreation, property management and public works. Information is also provided on programs available through St. Paul College and Workforce Solutions.
- Be a Ramsey County resident between the ages of 18-24.
- Have a government issued picture identification and Social Security card.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Meet income and eligibility guidelines.
- The academy is held for 10 weeks, Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Attendance is mandatory for the duration of the 10-week academy.
- Participants are paid $10.50-$12 per hour and may receive bus/gas cards for transportation assistance.
To learn more about the Young Adult Public Sector Academy, contact Lisa Grottodden.