Care Center Admissions
Ramsey County Care Center accepts admissions 24 hours a day to accommodate residents with varying healthcare needs.
The Care Center’s admissions nurse assists families with obtaining the necessary physician’s order to ensure a smooth transition and continuity of care. The center has working relationships with several local hospitals and clinics.
Ramsey County Care Center is 100 percent Medicare and Medicaid certified, accepts a variety of insurance plans, and accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Choosing a physician
Residents have the right to choose their own personal physician. Four physicians visit Ramsey County Care Center for the convenience of residents and their loved ones. Residents should talk to their social worker regarding their choice of physician.
Regulations require that residents be seen by their physician every 30 days for the first 90 days of their stay at the Care Center and every 60 days after that.
What to bring
Residential and short-term patients should bring the following items with them when they are admitted:
- Social Security, Medicare and insurance cards.
- Power of attorney and health care directive, if applicable.
- List of current medications.
- Seven to 10 complete changes of clothing, seasonally appropriate.
- Walker, wheelchair or both, if appropriate.
- Personal belongings, including photographs, radio, headphones, TV, razors and beauty supplies, etc.
Learn about options for financial assistance on the MNsure website.