COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
ROADS (Reliable Opportunities Advance Dad’s Support) is an employment and training program for fathers offered by Ramsey County Workforce Solutions in partnership with Child Support Services in the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office. All eligible fathers will be considered for the program.
- Fathers with a child support case in Ramsey County.
- Have at least one child in the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) in Ramsey County. The custodial parent must receive MFIP cash benefit for the child.
- Father does not have to live in Ramsey County, but must be willing to meet with a counselor periodically.
- Career coaching - Work one-on-one with a career coach to map out a personalized plan for your education and career path.
- Education and training - Complete your adult diploma or GED. Enroll in college. Earn industry certificates and credentials.
- Child support assistance - Designated child support worker will assist with arrears management, case planning and establishing paternity. Adjustments to temporarily reduce or suspend child support may be requested.
- Referrals - Connect with community agencies to reduce barriers to employment, housing and transportation.
- Joint request to temporarily reduce or suspend child support.
- Release hold on driver’s license.
- Release hold on school loan eligibility.
- Forgiveness of public assistance arrears.
- Avoid further enforcement action such as civil contempt.
- Designated child support worker and employment counselor to assist you.
- Incentives for completing your personalized goals and reaching milestones in the program.