Breastfeeding Funding Opportunity
Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health is collaborating with the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition to offer funding for organizations committed to becoming a Breastfeeding Friendly Public Space.
Eligibility for funding
- Your organization is in Ramsey County, Minnesota
- Your organization complies with Minnesota Statute section 145.905 A mother may breastfeed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.
- Your organization has a breastfeeding policy or is developing a breastfeeding policy or guidelines (Guide to becoming a breastfeeding friendly public space)
- Your organization does or will display welcoming signage such as the International Breastfeeding symbol
- Staff and volunteers are educated about and committed to welcoming and affirming breastfeeding families.
What costs can be covered?
- Furniture such as chair, table, lamp, room dividers, or a footstool
- Welcoming signage such as posters, window clings, or custom-made signs
- Artwork or other breastfeeding-related decoration
- Paint, electrical wiring, door locks, and other construction materials
*Note: any labor (time spent on painting, changing door locks, etc.) cannot be covered by this grant.
Applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Funds will be distributed as applications are received.