Guarded Swimming Beaches
During the summer, it’s time to hit the beach at one of Ramsey County's five guarded swimming beaches.
Hours and season
Beach season is Memorial Day - Labor Day.
Beach hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
Lifeguards are on duty daily from noon - 8 p.m. during beach season. Lifeguard service hours may vary due to poor weather or low attendance.
- Tony Schmidt Regional Park
- Lake Josephine County Park
- Long Lake Regional Park
- Lake McCarrons County Park
- White Bear Lake County Park
Concessions stands are available at Long Lake beach.
Group beach use
Groups looking to organize an event at a Ramsey County beach must secure a Reservation Permit (PDF). Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the event date and are available on a first-come, first served basis.
Group beach use is only available at guarded beach locations.
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed, and must be properly worn. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.