Guarded Swimming Beaches
During the summer, it’s time to hit the beach at one of Ramsey County's five guarded swimming beaches.
Hours and season
All Ramsey County beaches will be unguarded starting August 22, 2016. Beaches will remain open and swim buoys will be in place through Labor Day.
Beach hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
Lifeguards are on duty daily from noon - 8 p.m. during beach season. Lifeguard service hours may vary due to poor weather or low attendance.
- Tony Schmidt Regional Park
- Lake Josephine County Park
- Long Lake Regional Park
- Lake McCarrons County Park
- Snail Lake in Vadnais-Snail Lakes Regional Park
Concessions stands are available at the Long Lake and Snail Lake beaches.
Group beach use
Groups looking to organize an event at a Ramsey County beach must secure a Reservation Permit (PDF). Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the event date and are available on a first-come, first served basis.
Group beach use is only available at guarded beach locations.
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed, and must be properly worn. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.