Unguarded Swimming Beaches
Ramsey County maintains designated swimming areas at three unguarded beaches. Water quality testing is conducted weekly.
Lifeguard services are not provided at these locations.
Group beach use is not permitted at unguarded beaches. Organized groups must obtain a reservation permit for a guarded beach.
Hours and season
Beach hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
Buoys designating the swim areas will be out from June 5 - Labor Day.
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed, and must be properly worn. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.
Beach water quality
Ramsey County regularly tests beaches for water quality during beach season, from June through August each year. Learn more about the most commonly tested for contaminant - E. coli.