Battle Creek Regional Park Master Plan
Battle Creek Regional Park is getting a new master plan for the first time in 30 years. Led by Ramsey County Parks & Recreation, in partnership with SRF Consulting, the planning process will include extensive community engagement.
Preferred concept 30-day public review
Ramsey County Parks & Recreation is excited to announce the 30-day review period for master plan concepts. Concepts have been developed through community engagement, partner participation and public input through design charrettes and online survey involvement. Please review the concepts posted below and provide any comments, questions or concerns by email or phone in the Contact Us panel. Comments can be submitted through November 30.
For any comments regarding the Pigs Eye Master Plan Amendment involving the island building project, please visit the Pigs Eye Lake project page.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Battle Creek Regional Connections
- Battle Creek Segment
- Battle Creek Segment Park Access
- Battle Creek Segment Trail System & Amenities
- Battle Creek Segment Learning Trail Corridors
- Battle Creek Segment Trailheads & Park Amenities
- Pigs Eye Segment
- Fish Creek Segment
Pop-up workshops, community meetings and collaborative design sessions will be held at the park and nearby areas to gather community feedback on what is and is not currently working. Community members will have the opportunity to share their vision of what the park should look like with planners and park designers.
Opportunities to provide input on the Master Planning process will be posted here as they become available.
The first community design meeting was held on November 2, 2019. Attendees weighed in on various aspects of the park, including locations for new amenities, safe access points and natural resources.
Previous community engagement meetings
- Hmongtown Marketplace Pop-up – June 29, 2019.
- Ramsey County Fair Pop-up – July 12, 2019.
- Battle Creek Regional Park Pop-up – July 14, 2019.
- Recreation Stakeholders Focus Group – July 24, 2019.
- Master Plan Community Meeting – August 3, 2019.
- Battle Creek Waterworks Pop-up – August 10, 2019.
- Highwood Hills Recreation Center Pop-up – August 28, 2019.
- Park Design Community Meeting – November 2, 2019.
- Virtual Community Meeting – July 23, 2020.
- Call-in Community Office Hours – July 28, 2020.