COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Battle Creek Regional Park Master Plan
Battle Creek Regional Park is getting a new master plan for the first time in 30 years. Led by Ramsey County Parks & Recreation, in partnership with SRF Consulting, the planning process included extensive community engagement over the past two years.
Pop-up workshops, community meetings and collaborative design sessions were held at the park and nearby areas to gather community feedback on what is and is not currently working. Community members had the opportunity to share their vision of what the park should look like with planners and park designers.
Draft plan 45-day public review (extended deadline)
A 45-day public review period for the draft master plan is now available. Comments can be submitted to Benjamin Karp through Oct. 31, 2021.
Review the draft master plan (PDF, 22MB)
The first community design meeting was held on November 2, 2019. A variety of engagement events have been held over the course of the past two summers. A complete list is below.
Previous community engagement meetings & opportunities
- Hmongtown Marketplace Pop-up – June 29, 2019.
- Ramsey County Fair Pop-up – July 12, 2019.
- Battle Creek Regional Park Pop-up – July 14, 2019.
- Recreation Stakeholders Focus Group – July 24, 2019.
- Master Plan Community Meeting – August 3, 2019.
- Battle Creek Waterworks Pop-up – August 10, 2019.
- Highwood Hills Recreation Center Pop-up – August 28, 2019.
- Park Design Community Meeting – November 2, 2019.
- Virtual Community Meeting – July 23, 2020.
- Call-in Community Office Hours – July 28, 2020.
Preferred concept 30-day public review
A 30-day review period for master plan concepts was open through November 30, 2020. Concepts were developed through community engagement, partner participation and public input through design charrettes and online survey involvement.
All documents are PDFs.
- Battle Creek Regional Connections
- Battle Creek Segment
- Battle Creek Segment Park Access
- Battle Creek Segment Trail System & Amenities
- Battle Creek Segment Learning Trail Corridors
- Battle Creek Segment Trailheads & Park Amenities
- Pigs Eye Segment
- Fish Creek Segment