Northeast Metro Natural Gas Project
Xcel Energy is replacing approximately eight miles of natural gas infrastructure in Ramsey County for the Northeast Metro Natural Gas Project. Although this is not a Ramsey County Parks & Recreation project, a part of the project will take place near Keller Regional Park. Work will be done near Roselawn between Arcade Street and Highway 61, and will be adjacent to Keller Regional Park and Keller Golf Course in the Highway 61 and the County Road B road right-of-way.
The project is being constructed as part of system revitalization, to ensure continued safe and reliable natural gas service. For more information, please visit Xcel Energy's project website.
During construction, Xcel Energy will take measures to reduce temporary public inconveniences, which may include:
- Partial or complete road closures.
- Traffic control measures such as flaggers and detour signs.
- Changes or restrictions to site access.
- Elevated levels of noise during construction and testing of the natural gas line.
- Restoring previous work areas to the conditions required by permits.
Anticipated work will begin April 2020 and is anticipated to continue into the fall.