Bruce Vento Trail Extension – Highway 96 to County Road J
This project area is located between Highway 96 and County Road J in the cities of White Bear Lake and White Bear Township. The existing planned regional trail alignment is currently proposed within the center of the railway corridor. However, this section of railroad is still active, and will not be able to accommodate a regional trail alignment.
As a result, Ramsey County Parks & Recreation is initiating a planning study to refine alternative regional trail alignment corridors out of the rail right-of-way. This process will find one preferred trail alignment for the Bruce Vento Regional Trail.
Extend trail from Highway 96 to County Road J:
- Determine if the Bruce Vento Regional Trail route can be routed through downtown White Bear Lake.
- Refine potential trail alignment search corridors.
- Provide trail connections to Rush Line BRT and downtown White Bear Lake.
- Host additional community engagement meetings to seek input and design options, summer-fall 2018.
- Provide basis for Master Plan Amendment for the Bruce Vento Regional Trail north of Highway 96.
Community engagement meetings
Meetings will be held at the White Bear Lake Public Safety Building (4701 Highway 61, White Bear Lake, MN 55110).
- October 4, 2018, 6 - 8 p.m. - Present proposed corridors for public input.
- October 25, 2018, 6 - 8 p.m. – Provide preferred trail alignment corridor and gain additional public input.