Bruce Vento Regional Trail Master Plan Amendment
Since the development of the Bruce Vento Trail Master Plan in 1993, the trail has been a highly popular multi-use trail corridor for Ramsey County residents. The 13-mile trail extends from the east side of downtown Saint Paul to the north county line in White Bear Township through the cities of Saint Paul, Maplewood, Vadnais Heights, Gem Lake, White Bear Lake and White Bear Township.
The Parks & Recreation department has launched a master plan amendment process for the Bruce Vento Regional Trail corridor to address several updates for the regional trail section between Larpenteur Avenue to County J such as, alternative trail alignments north of Buerkle Road, trailhead and amenity improvements, improved accessibility and connections and integration with the Rush Line Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) improvements.
The master plan update will include:
- Boundaries and acquisition costs.
- Demand forecast.
- Development concept.
- Public services.
- Public engagement and participation.
- Ramsey County Parks and Recreation Commission – January 2021.
- Ramsey County Board of Commissioners – May 2021.
- Submittal to the Metropolitan Council – May 2021.
- Metropolitan Council approval – August 2021.
The Bruce Vento Master Plan Amendment received final approval by Metropolitan Council on August 25, 2021.