Ski rules and trail guidelines
- Trail hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
- Skiing on lighted trails is permitted until 9 p.m.
- A Minnesota State Ski Pass is required to ski on all trails for skiers age 16 and above.
- Groomed trails are for cross-country ski use only. No snowshoeing, hiking, skijoring, sledding or pets.
- Skate skiing permitted at the Battle Creek West trail only.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails.
- Ski trails are one-way unless otherwise marked.
- Observe all arrows and do not enter signs.
- Ski only on marked and groomed trails.
Races and special events
Cross-country ski trails are available for use for team practices, races and other special events. Please complete and submit the form below to request dates and times.
Trail locations and conditions
Firsthand trail reports are often available on skinnyski.com.
Trail rating guide
- Excellent: Track freshly set or in similar condition with consistent base. No bare spots. No ice.
- Good: Track in condition near to freshly set. Some bare spots not seriously affecting ski ability. Some icy spots.
- Fair: Track beginning to deteriorate, some areas of track obliterated. Some bare spots beginning to affect ski ability. Icy spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Poor: Track deteriorated over much of trail. Lots of bare spots. Icy spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Closed: Lack of snow or dangerously icy or extremely cold conditions.