Day Camp Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do before registering?
- Create your account in advance and set each child as an individual family member and a dependent.
- Be sure to add birth dates. Since some of our programs have age requirements, the system won't let you register until this information is completed.
- If you have health concerns for a participant, please update that in your profile.
- Make sure you have an emergency contact other than the head of household.
- Once you add family members, it may take a few minutes for them to show up in your profile.
What are some tips for registering online?
- Once you have set up your account, practice going into the registration site and selecting participants.
- Sessions can fill quickly. Add the registration opening date and times to your calendar and set a reminder for shortly before it opens. Summer 2021 registration opens Tuesday, March 2. This year, registration times are staggered based on day camp week.
- Weeks 1–4 (June 28–July 22): 8:30 a.m.
- Weeks 5–8 (July 26–August 19): 1 p.m.
- Choose a priority camp for each child and register/pay for those first. Then, go back and look at additional camps if they are still available.
- If the first four weeks of camp fill before you register, consider trying again at 1 p.m. for camps in the last four weeks.
Is a waitlist available if a session is full?
Yes! We refer to the waitlist when programs open up. The waitlist is the best place to be if you want to receive communication about open spots or another session being added.
Do I have to pay for my spot when I choose to go on a waitlist?
No, putting yourself on the waitlist simply lets us know you might be interested in the program. If a spot opens up, you will receive an email from us asking if you are still interested. If so, we will take payment at the time of activation into the program or camp.
What if I don’t receive a receipt?
Receipts will come from Ramsey County Parks & Recreation. Users occasionally have issues with not receiving their receipts. If you checked your spam folder, and don’t see it, please email [email protected]. We can confirm your registration and email you a receipt for your records.
My child has a severe allergy or other special needs. Should I include this information in the registration process?
If your child has special needs due to allergies, disabilities or health concerns, please make appropriate notes on the registration form. We can accommodate many concerns with advance notice. If your child requires the use of epinephrine or Benadryl, a form for completion by a parent/guardian and a health care provider can be found on our day camp policies page.
What safety precautions will you have in place this year?
Current programming guidelines are subject to change as new information and recommendations become available. Currently, we anticipate the following as the biggest changes to day camp:
- Camps will run at reduced capacity.
- Masks or face coverings required, with opportunities for breaks during the day.
- Smaller, contained groups of 15 campers, plus staff and volunteers.
- Even more of the camp day will be outdoors. An assigned indoor space with room for physical distancing will be available in the event of inclement weather.
- Before and After Care and Backyard Bunch will not be available for the 2021 camp season.