Drop-In Discovery Stations
Drop-In Discovery Stations are free, family-friendly drop-in style programs feature a range of nature topics, including up-close visits with live animals like Tamarack Nature Center’s resident owls, snakes and salamanders.
Participants get hands-on experience with touchable artifacts, like skulls and skins, and sample edible treats from the Discovery Hollow garden.
Stations are open 10 a.m. – noon, and guests may come and go as they please. No registration required. Please check-in at the front desk upon arrival.
Stations are suitable for all ages. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Stations are held the first Saturday of the month from October - May, and every Saturday from June - September.
- March 4 – Owls Up-Close
- April 1 – Reps & Phibs
- May 6 – Owls Up-Close
- June 3 – Microscopes & Magnifyers
- June 10 – Worms at Work
- June 17 – Dragons & Damsels
- June 24 – Meet the Bees & Beekeepers
- July 1 – Make a Nature Button
- July 8 – Flower Power
- July 15 – Professor Spider-Man
- July 22 – Meet the Bees & Beekeepers
- July 29 – Dragons & Damsels
- Aug 5 – Things That Sting
- Aug 12 – Life in a Pond
- Aug 19 – Monarch Metamorphosis
- Aug 26 – Honey Harvest