Records Resource Center
The public resource center has 11 computer workstations to assist the public with inquiries pertaining to Ramsey County real estate records. All workstations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Information is available in the public area via various media:
- Paper plat maps (from 1928).
- Files, including Torrens deeds, tax liens and certificates of title.
- Books, including mortgages and abstract deeds.
- Digital images of documents.
- Microfiche files.
We are located in the Plato Building.
Open 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Copies are $1 per page for a standard copy. Frequent users can set up user accounts and be billed monthly for copies. Please ask the front desk staff for more information.
Assistance is available to show you how to use the resources in the center and answer your questions. Research services are available for a fee of $60 per hour. Please note: Ramsey County does not perform legal or abstracting services, nor do we certify any search results. Any information provided is for courtesy or reference purposes only and does not carry any warranties or fitness for particular use.
For help with laws and legal research, the Ramsey County Law Library is a public library open to all. It is located in the Ramsey Country courthouse in downtown Saint Paul and maintains a collection of print and online legal resources, including self-help materials.
What to bring
To speed up your search process, please bring any of the following information you may have:
- Property legal description (ex. E 2 Ft Of Lot 26 And All of Lot 27, Smiths addition).
- Property ID or PIN – 12 digit number (ex. 126.96.36.199.0142) - Look up your PIN.
- Type of document you’re looking for (ex. Title, lien, etc.).
- Name of the buyer, seller or company involved in the transaction.
- Date of transaction.