Rice Street Visioning Study
Ramsey County and the City of Saint Paul are working to define a community-driven vision for Rice Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Wheelock Parkway. The intent of the Rice Street Visioning Study is to:
- Promote economic growth and community investment while maintaining and providing business opportunities.
- Creating an inviting environment.
- Enhance pedestrian and bicyclist safety.
- Maintain and augment transit service.
- Continue to increase vehicle safety.
The current work is a continuation of the 2017 Rice Street Safety Study to better understand the community's needs and goals in addition to the transportation system needs. This inclusive approach is guided by the county’s All-Abilities Transportation Network.
Inclusive community is very important to the success of the study. We want to know how you use Rice Street. Where do you go? What are your concerns? What would make Rice Street a better place for everyone?
- Frogtown Creative Arts Festival and Marydale Festival - Sept. 2019
- Pop Up Meeting Summary (PDF)
- Open House at Washington Tech Magnet School - Oct. 2019