Rice Street Visioning Study
Ramsey County and City of Saint Paul are beginning a planning study for Rice Street between Pensylvania Avenue and Wheelock Parkway. The intent of the study is to develop a vision for the Rice Street corridor that balance the needs of the county’s All-Abilities Transportation Network with the wide range of corridor uses and needs. The vision will:
- promote economic growth and community investment while maintaining and providing business opportunities.
- creating an inviting environment.
- enhance pedestrian and bicyclist safety.
- maintain and augment transit service.
- continue to increase vehicle safety.
This visioning study builds upon the information and community feedback gathered during the Rice Street safety study in 2017.
Robust community involvement is an integral part of the study process. We encourage you to share how you use Rice Street. Where do you go? What is important to you? Share your thoughts through the Rice Street feedback form.
An open house will be held in fall 2019. Additional information will be available in the coming months.