Station Area Planning
Station area planning is a planning process currently underway that examines ways to promote safe and direct station access and transit-supportive development within a half-mile of future Rush Line BRT stations.
Station area planning focuses on placement of stations to maximize accessibility and economic development potential:
- Real estate development opportunities within a quarter mile of stations on sites that are underutilized, vacant or have the potential for long-term redevelopment.
- Maximization of pedestrians’ and bicyclists’ ability to reach the stations and nearby destinations by improving the walking and biking infrastructure and environment near proposed stations.
- Inclusion of needed and desired station amenities such as heat, real-time signage and pick-up/drop-off areas for transit riders using shuttle or taxi services.
Presentations from previous station area planning meetings (PDF format):
- Payne Avenue and Arcade Street Stations, Saint Paul - June 28, 2018.
- White Bear Lake - June 27, 2018.
- Phalen Village Station, Saint Paul - May 23, 2018
- Maplewood - May 22, 2018
- County Road E Station, Vadnais Heights - May 22, 2018
- White Bear Lake - April 18, 2018.
Would you like to provide your input on station area planning? Send us a message.