2022-23 Budget Information & Schedule
Ramsey County’s 2022-23 budget process has begun. The budget process seeks to advance the vision, mission and goals established by the board of commissioners and the strategic priorities outlined in the county's strategic plan.
Proposed budget materials
- Video: 2022-23 budget community conversation - Aug. 30 (passcode: k8?*8A6C)
- Press release: 2022-23 Proposed Budget Submitted to County Board
- Video: County Manager and county leaders present proposed 2022-2023 budget to County Board
- 2022-2023 proposed biennial budget book (PDF)
- 2022-2023 County Manager proposed budget presentation (PDF)
- Trends affecting property values and taxes - Assessor and Auditor-Treasurer presentation (PDF)
- 2020 financial overview and fund balance report summary (PDF)
- 2020 financial overview and fund balance report highlights (PDF)
- Community indicators presentation (PDF)
- Proposed fees for 2022-2023 proposed budget (PDF)
This cycle, the budget will:
- Continue our focus on countywide strategic initiatives which support countywide goals.
- Sustain and scale initiatives and programs that build stronger communities.
- Build on organizational lessons learned in the past two years and during the pandemic which need to be operationalized (i.e. process, structure, etc.).
- Be more closely aligned to what is actually spent.
- Foster collaboration within and across Service Teams.
- Tether and make progress on performance measures.
- Demonstrate innovation, creativity or efficiency (one-time or ongoing funds).
|Aug. 24||9 a.m.||
|Aug. 30||6-7:30 p.m.||2022-23 budget community conversation.|
|Sept. 9||9 a.m.-noon||Health and Wellness Service Team budget presentation to the board.|
|Sept. 10||1:30-4 p.m.||Health and Wellness Service Team budget presentation to the board.|
|Sept. 13||8:30-11:45 a.m.; 12:45-2:30 p.m.||Economic Growth and Community Investment Service team budget presentation to the board.|
|Sept. 13||2:45-4:30 p.m.||Strategic Team budget presentation to the board.|
|Sept. 14||8:30 a.m. - noon||Information and Public Records Service Team budget presentation to the board|
|1-4 p.m.||Safety and Justice Service Team budget presentation to the board.|
|4:30 p.m.||First Public Hearing|
|Sept. 21||County board certifies maximum property tax levy|
|Nov. 29||6:30 p.m.||Truth in Taxation public hearing|
County board adopts 2022-23 Budget and property tax levy
The county held three budget community conversations, one on June 3 and two on June 10.
- View 2022-23 Budget Community Conversations Presentation
- View June 3 2022-23 Budget Community Conversation
- View June 10 (9 a.m.) 2022-23 Budget Community Conversation
- View June 10 (1 p.m.) 2022-23 Budget Community Conversation
Health and Wellness conversations
The Health and Wellness Service Team held two community conversations in April 2021 to engage residents, business owners and stakeholders on the budget process and where the service team makes investments.
April 5 – Financial Assistant Services, Veterans Services and Health and Wellness Administration budgets
April 6 – Social Services, Public Health and Community Corrections budgets