2022-23 Budget Information & Schedule
Ramsey County’s 2022-23 budget process has begun. The budget process seeks to advance the vision, mission and goals established by the board of commissioners and the strategic priorities outlined in the county's strategic plan.
This cycle, the budget will:
- Continue our focus on countywide strategic initiatives which support countywide goals.
- Sustain and scale initiatives and programs that build stronger communities.
- Build on organizational lessons learned in the past two years and during the pandemic which need to be operationalized (i.e. process, structure, etc.).
- Be more closely aligned to what is actually spent.
- Foster collaboration within and across Service Teams.
- Tether and make progress on performance measures.
- Demonstrate innovation, creativity or efficiency (one-time or ongoing funds).
|Aug. 24||9 a.m.||
|Sept. 9||8:30 a.m. - noon||Safety and Justice Service Team budget presentation to the board|
|Sept. 10||1:30-4 p.m.||Strategic Team budget presentation to the board|
|Sept. 13||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Health and Wellness Service Team budget presentation to the board|
|Sept. 14||8:30 a.m. - noon||Economic Growth and Community Investment Service Team budget presentation to the board|
|1-4 p.m.||Information and Public Records Service Team budget presentation to the board|
|4:30 p.m.||First Public Hearing|
|Sept. 21||County board certifies maximum property tax levy|
|Nov. 29||6:30 p.m.||Truth in Taxation public hearing|
County board adopts 2022-2023 Supplemental Budget and property tax levy
Community Engagement - Health and Wellness
The Health and Wellness Service Team held two community conversations in April 2021 to engage residents, business owners and stakeholders on the budget process and where the service team makes investments.
April 5 – Financial Assistant Services, Veterans Services and Health and Wellness Administration budgets
April 6 – Social Services, Public Health and Community Corrections budgets