Community Health Assessment
A Community Health Assessment (CHA) is the study of local population health, which identifies key health conditions and needs among county residents. The CHA process includes community engagement about health experiences and concerns as well as data and trend analysis from a variety of sources.
Why we do it
- To improve our understanding of community experience, particularly as it affects individual, family, and community health.
- To engage in the work of advancing health equity with hope for the future: It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the severity of health inequities. With the wisdom of many we can steer collective efforts toward meaningful change.
- To share information that supports people and organizations in Ramsey County developing their own plans for improving health.
- To guide county and department priorities and support strategic planning and quality improvement efforts.
- To meet state statute (MN Statute 145A) and national accreditation requirements.
Staff engaged more than 2100 residents from across Ramsey County between December 2017 and April 2018 to learn what helps individuals, families, and communities stay healthy and what keeps them from being healthy.