Safe Summer Initiative
Our office partners with local law enforcement, city departments and community organizations on responsive strategies to prevent crime and engage youth in positive, pro-social activities in their neighborhoods. We collaborate with Saint Paul Police to analyze crime and dedicate resources in areas that need it most. Key elements of these collaborative efforts include:
- Proactively engaging residents.
- Promoting youth leadership through the Eastside Gamechangers Youth Council.
- Organizing pro-social activities for the community.
- Enhancing curfew enforcement to keep kids safe and out of trouble.
- Holding kids accountable with swift and sure consequences for serious offenses.
- Providing diversion opportunities for kids to learn from their mistakes and make up for the harm they caused.
- Surveying residents to gather information on how they feel about their neighborhood.