Child Support Services
Service alert - COVID-19
Limited staff are available by phone at 651-266-3344. You can also communicate online:
- If you have a Minnesota Child Support Online account, send a message directly to your worker.
- If you do not have an account, send an email to our general address. We cannot respond with specific case information unless you have completed a consent for electronic communication (PDF). You may include the form with your email. Responses will be sent through a secure site that will require a password, which will be sent to you.
Child support covers support (money) for basic expenses, child care and medical and dental costs. Every child needs financial and emotional support from both parents. State and county child support offices work with both parents to help children receive the financial support they need when their parents are not living together. Our child support section provides four primary services:
- Establishing paternity, including genetic testing when needed.
- Establishing court orders to pay child support.
- Collecting and enforcing child support based on court orders.
- Modifying child support when things change.
Following are additional topics of interest for those seeking child support clarification