Minnesota State Fair Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in working at the Minnesota State Fair!
The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office is providing law enforcement and security services at the Minnesota State Fair, including at special events and during the 2021 Minnesota State Fair (August 26 to September 6, 2021).
If selected, individuals will be hired as temporary Deputy Sheriffs and:
- The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office will hold a secondary POST license if you are currently serving as an active peace officer,
- If you retired within the last three years, the Sheriff's Office will reactivate your POST license, if eligible for reactivation.
Ramsey County Sheriff's Office Retirees
If you retired from the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office, the process of working at the State Fair is very simple. Please email [email protected] and schedule a time with Sheriff's Office Human Resources staff. Sheriff's staff will meet with you and complete the paperwork. This should take less than 30 minutes.
The following are requirements of temporary employment with the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office:
- Be in good standing with your department.
- Currently hold a full-time peace officer license or held licensure within the last three years.
- Up to date with POST mandated training.
- Attend training on the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office use of force policies.
- Qualify with your primary duty weapon, if applicable.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Complete a criminal history check and background investigation.
- Have approval from your chief law enforcement officer.
Wages will vary depending based on years of service with a range of $30.56 to $40.90 hourly. Overtime is available. Please note that completing an application does not guarantee a position. View the full job description online.
Please download, complete, and return these forms to the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office, 425 Grove Street, Saint Paul, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Forms are accepted in person or via US Mail. This will help to expedite the process.
Approval of Chief Law Enforcement Officer
- Job Application Electronic (pdf)
- Personal Profile Information (pdf)
- Employee Information/Change Form (pdf)
- Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate (W-4MN) (pdf)
- Federal Employee’s Withholding Certificate (W-4) (pdf)
- Notice of Non-Covered Employment or Provisional Coverage (pdf)
Initial Background Forms
- Applicant Criminal History Disclosure (pdf)
- General Authorization and Release - Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (pdf)
- General Authorization and Release - Minnesota Driver & Vehicle Services (pdf)
- General Authorization and Release - Minnesota State Patrol (pdf)
- General Authorization and Release - Home Agency (pdf)
If you have any questions about these forms, please contact [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ashlee Bryant, Commander
Email: [email protected]