Sheriff's COVID "Help Team"
If this an emergency or you require immediate law enforcement services, call 9-1-1.
COVID “Help Team” Asks for Donated Items to Help Community Members
On May 15, 2020, the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office held a press conference to highlight the work of the Sheriff’s COVID “Help Team” and ask for donated items to help the homebound, homeless, and immigrant communities.
The Sheriff’s “Help Team” has been delivering essential items to hundreds of homebound persons for the past six weeks. Members of the Help Team shared their experiences.
Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher spoke about the donations that are currently needed and encouraged the community to help in any way they can. The following items are needed:
- Diapers, baby wipes, formula
- Cleaning supplies (dish soap, laundry detergent, bar soap, and disinfectants).
- Small flat screen televisions for placements in homeless shelters to maintain social distancing requirements and for individuals who are homebound.
- Toilet paper, Kleenex, and paper towels.
- Homemade face masks (more information).
- Canned food goods, peanut butter, and bags of rice.
Sheriff Fletcher spoke about local homeless shelters, homebound individuals, and a unique request: small flat screen televisions. Social distancing and isolation are very difficult and nearly impossible when a person is part of a vulnerable population.
The Help Team aims to be there for everyone in need, including single parents, the elderly, those most at risk, and immigrant communities.
Donations accepted every day, five days a week (Monday - Friday) from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Sheriff’s Water Patrol Station, Outside Donations Tent, 5 South Owasso Boulevard, Little Canada, Minnesota.
Monetary donations can be made to the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit at www.ramseysheriffsfoundation.org.
About the Help Team
For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic the Sheriff’s Office has formed a COVID "Help Team" to assist those in the community who are most at risk and vulnerable during this time. The Help Team serves anyone in Ramsey County who requires assistance or support as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coronavirus Disease, COVID-19, has affected all of us. Times like this can bring a lot of uncertainty and leave people wondering where to turn for help. To support the efforts of government and community organizations alike at this great time of need, the Sheriff’s Office is implementing a Help Team.
The Help Team:
- Picks-up and delivers prescription medication
- Picks-up and delivers pre-paid food and groceries
- Delivers food, medication, and other essentials that have been donated
- Coordinates the collection of donated items based on current community needs
- Provides resources and referrals, including social services, financial assistance, medical assistance, mental health, and others
The Help Team also coordinates services with local government(s) and service providers.
Hours of Operations
The Help Team operations are:
- Monday through Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
There are three ways to request help:
- Call: 651-448-3874
- Text: 651-448-3874
- Email: HelpTeam@co.ramsey.mn.us
The Help Team supplements the services already provided by Ramsey County, which remains open and continues to provide services. Please visit www.ramseycounty.us/coronavirus for more information about county services.
Read the "Help Team" Press Release (pdf)