People with Developmental Disabilities
As a volunteer, your skills, interests and abilities will be matched to specific program opportunities. Volunteers provide integration opportunities, social connections and activities that enrich the lives of the residents at Lake Owasso Residence.
Volunteers at Lake Owasso Residence are asked to:
- Make a commitment of six to 12 months of volunteer service.
- Attend a new volunteer orientation and training session prior to beginning service.
- Attend in-service training on relevant topics.
- Offer friendship and encouragement to residents with varying degrees of ability.
- Support community socialization and integration opportunities.
- Encourage residents as they face the joys and challenges of life.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.