Turning Yourself In
Individuals with an active arrest warrant can turn themselves in 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Adult Detention Center.
When turning yourself in, it is best to arrive at the Adult Detention Center before 4 a.m., Monday through Thursday, excluding holidays. All reasonable efforts will be made to place you on the next available, appropriate court calendar. The first available court date for your case will depend on the type of warrant issued, status of your case and the judge issuing the warrant.
Individuals turning themselves in are encouraged to provide the Sheriff’s Office with as much information as possible related to why they are wanted.
When turning yourself in, please bring the following items:
- Valid state or federal issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Current prescription medications in original sealed and labeled packaging.
- Clothing appropriate for the season.
- Cash for bail/bond (if appropriate).
- Necessary personal assistive aids, such as glasses, hearing aids or orthopedic devices.
- Collateral contact information (name of another person and phone number for verification purposes).
The following items should not be brought to the jail:
- Excessive personal items, such as jewelry or extra clothing items.
- Non-prescription medications.
- Perishable items such as food.
Identification verification standards
All persons with a Ramsey County warrant who turn themselves in must be processed by the jail staff to confirm identification; this process includes being fingerprinted and photographed.