COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Service alert - COVID-19
Due to workforce shortages, the property tax service counter on the first floor of the Plato Building will be temporarily closed beginning Jan 19. 2022.
In-person assistance is also available at Ramsey County Service Centers from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Homestead is a classification of property that is occupied by an owner or relative of the owner, and is used as a primary place of residence. The State of Minnesota maintains the homestead program for residents who own and occupy their home or have a qualifying relative who occupies the home called the Homestead Market Value Exclusion. This program has two benefits for qualifying homeowners:
- It reduces the taxable market value of the property (for properties valued under $413,800 only), which in turn may lower taxes.
- It is one of the qualifying factors for homeowners to receive the State of Minnesota Property Tax Refund.
Special homestead programs
- Homestead for persons who are blind or have a disability
- Homestead exclusion for veterans with a disability
- Multiple owner (fractional) homestead
|Manufactured home homestead applications due||May 29|
|Homestead abatement applications due||July 1|
|Last day to apply for the homestead program for persons who are blind or have a disability||Oct. 1|
|Last day to own and occupy to homestead for current assessment year||Dec. 31|
|Last day to apply for residential and agricultural homestead||Dec. 31|
|Last day to apply for the homestead exclusion for veterans with a disability||Dec. 31|