COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
****Public fingerprinting is ONLY AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT. Please call 651-266-9585 to schedule an appointment****
The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office provides fingerprinting services for Ramsey County Residents for background checks required for employment, adoption, human services, public housing or other reasons. Fingerprints are provided in ink format. Appointments scheduled by calling 651-266-9585.
Hours and location
- Appointment scheduling - call 651-266-9585.
- Criminal History Unit, located on the first floor of the Law Enforcement Center (425 Grove Street, Saint Paul).
- There is free parking in the front lot of the Law Enforcement Center.
Fee and payment
- There is a $15 fee per card (set of prints) for individuals who are required to submit their fingerprints for employment, adoption or other reasons.
- Must present a valid driver’s license, state issued identification or passport.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted.
There is no fee for individuals who present a letter from Ramsey County Foster Care/Child Care Licensing, Ramsey County Community Corrections or Office of the Ramsey County Attorney stating their need to be fingerprinted.
Fingerprinting for youth
Youth (under the age of 18) can be fingerprinted on a card at no cost. This card is not for official use but is kept by parents or guardians in case of future need. Kid Print events are held throughout the year at various locations providing families the opportunity to have their children fingerprinted. For more information regarding Kid Print, please call 651-266-7332.