Inmate Money

Contact us

Inmate accounts

When an inmate is booked into the Adult Detention Center, an inmate account is created. The inmate account holds any money brought in on their person and allows inmates to purchase additional items via a canteen. Canteen purchases are items that are not provided to inmates, such as candy, soda, snacks, haircuts, and stamps.

Account information is only available to inmates. Upon release, the inmate's account is closed and a debit card or check containing the account balance is issued. If an inmate is transferred to another facility, the inmate’s account is closed and the inmate is issued a check.

Make a deposit

Money may be deposited into the account of in-custody inmates. There are three ways to deposit money on behalf of an inmate:


Visit TurnKey Corrections to create an account and deposit money on behalf of an inmate. There is a fee for online deposits. Deposits are credited to the inmate’s account within minutes.

Call TurnKey Corrections at 715­-690­-2965 for support regarding inmate deposits through the website. Note: Deposits cannot be made over the phone.

In-person lobby kiosk

Deposits are accepted 24 hours a day at a kiosk in the Adult Detention Center lobby (425 Grove Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101). The kiosk is provided for cash and credit card deposits only. There is no fee for cash deposits. There is a fee on all credit card deposits. Deposits are credited to the inmate’s account within minutes.

United States Mail

Deposits are accepted via United States Mail. Funds must be in the form of a cashier check or a money order. The cashier check or money order must be made payable to the inmate.

Please mail the deposit to:

Ramsey County Adult Detention Center
Attention: (Inmate's Name) 
425 Grove Street
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101

Cash or checks are not accepted via United States Mail and will be returned to the sender. Deposits are credited to an inmate’s account upon being received at the Adult Detention Center.