Don't let a flood put you underwater
Melting snow and spring rains will be here soon. Most regular homeowners and renters insurance policies do not cover flood damage.
Homeowners, renters and businesses are encouraged to review their current insurance policies and consider adding flood coverage. The time to act is now; there's a 30-day period before policies go into effect.
Flooding can happen in our community along creeks and streams, low-lying areas, drainage ditches, lakes or anywhere snow melts too quickly or rain falls too heavily.
Just a few inches of water in a basement can cause more than $10,000 worth of damage.
- Flood insurance info for renters
- Flood insurance basics from the Minnesota Department of Commerce
- FEMA: National Flood Insurance Program
- FloodSmart website
- Prepare for a disaster or emergency
- Resources for before and after a flood