Open house delivers equal access and contracting opportunities
On Oct. 4, at the Public Works Facility in Arden Hills, the county held its first CERT Connect open house. The Central Certification Program (CERT) helps increase the competitiveness of qualified small businesses. This was a great opportunity for small businesses to join county staff who are directly involved in construction projects while having deliberate, worthwhile conversations.
In attendance were small businesses who are CERT certified, have the potential of being certified, and/or have other certifications related to small business.
Summary of attendees
- 42 attendees representing 37 unique businesses.
- 31 businesses were CERT certified.
- 31 Small Business Enterprises.
- 7 Minority-Owned Business Enterprises.
- 14 Woman-Owned Business Enterprises.
- 7 Small, Woman and Minority Business Enterprise.
- 12 Emerging Small Business Enterprises.
- 30 businesses were Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Certified.
- 26 businesses were Targeted Group Business Certified.
- 12 were from Ramsey County.
- 16 were from Hennepin County.
Many departments and service areas including Public Works, Central Fleet, Productive Properties, Parks & Recreation, Property Management and Finance participated connecting with local business owners to increase and diversify the county's Central Certification portfolio.