Plastic Bags/Plastic Film
Plastic film includes the following examples:
- Plastic bags.
- Newspaper, produce and bread bags.
- Food storage bags (zip-top bags).
- Plastic shipping envelopes (remove labels), bubble wrap and air pillows (deflate).
- Product wrap on beverage cases, paper towels, napkins, diapers and female sanitary products.
For more examples, refer to PlasticFilmRecycling.org.
Plastic bags and plastic film can be put in the trash.
Do NOT put plastic bags and other plastic film with your curbside recycling.
Note: most locations are NOT taking plastic bags/film at the moment due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact a location directly for more information.
Collect plastic bags and other plastic film and bring to a drop-off location. See below for locations:
Make sure bags are clean and dry.
Do not include:
- Degradable/compostable bags or film packaging.
- Pre-washed salad mix bags.
- Frozen food bags.
- Candy bar wrappers.
- Chip bags.
- Six-pack rings.