Public input sought on economic inclusion and growth
Input is sought as a comprehensive economic development strategy is created for Ramsey County. All members of the community including residents and business owners are encouraged to share their feedback. Visit the project website and participate in the process by:
- Taking a resident survey.
- Sharing your thoughts and feedback.
- Registering for a free virtual community conversation on June 22-25.
The process will lead to the development of an implementable plan that outlines economic and community objectives to be pursued over the next decade. All recommendations will be shaped through a lens of equity and will be informed by extensive community engagement. Work began in January 2020 and will run throughout the year. A final plan and recommendations are expected by early 2021.
The plan will include:
- a market and industry cluster analysis.
- a property-based fiscal analysis.
- a county-wide housing assessment.
Community engagement events
The following dates are opportunities for the public to provide direct feedback and input on strategies developed from economic & housing analyses and working group meetings. Each meeting will be focused on the individual sub-topics labeled below. Registration for each meeting is located below (Registration is required for each meeting).
- June 22 - Growing Jobs & industry Growth
- June 23 - Housing Development & Affordability
- June 24 - Building Community & Resident Wealth
- June 25 - Strengthening Place-Based Assets
The impact of COVID-19
COVID-19 has created economic disruption throughout Ramsey County in the form of unemployment, food insecurity and the loss of housing. Communities of color have been disproportionately impacted by coronavirus. These trends are informing the economic competitiveness plan in support of a response that maximizes economic recovery for all Ramsey County residents and businesses.