Tips to avoid a wait at yard waste sites
Ramsey County residents can dispose of leaves, plant material and other yard waste – along with organics – for free at county yard waste sites. You can also bring your pumpkins. Remember to remove all candles, wax, and decorations, and throw any painted or bejeweled pumpkins in the garbage.
Yard waste sites can experience heavy traffic during the fall. If you’d like to avoid a wait, consider the following tips:
- Avoid the 11 a.m. opening time; there is almost always a rush at opening and there can be long lines.
- Visit yard waste sites during the week. If you need to go on a weekend, Saturday mornings between 9:15 and 10:30 a.m. can be less busy.
- Avoid fall weekends with warm, dry weather.
- Try using the Battle Creek site if you live in Saint Paul. It is usually less busy than the Midway and Frank and Sims sites.
- Visit the sites during cold or rainy weather or when the Vikings are playing.
Please note that off-season hours begin Saturday, Dec. 1.