Tips to avoid a wait at yard waste sites
Ramsey County residents can dispose of leaves, plant material and other yard waste – along with organics – for free at county yard waste sites.
Yard waste sites can experience heavy traffic during the fall. If you’d like to avoid a wait, consider the following tips:
- Avoid the 11 a.m. opening time; there is almost always a rush at opening and there can be long lines.
- Visit yard waste sites during the week. If you need to go on a weekend, Saturday mornings between 9:15 and 10:30 a.m. can be less busy.
- Avoid fall weekends with warm, dry weather.
- Try using the Battle Creek site if you live in Saint Paul. It is usually less busy than the Midway and Frank and Sims sites.
- Visit the sites during cold or rainy weather or when the Vikings are playing.
Please note that off-season hours begin Saturday, Dec. 1.